Pages


Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Life as it is





"Life is understoond backwards,
But must be lived forward"
-Søren Kierkegaard






This interesting quote was introduced to me by my lecturer today. Applying this quote to the importance of keeping track of our work process and have it all jolted down in a book. But this interesting quote, had me stumbled and wandered into my wonderland - The wonderland of thoughts.

It is quite true what the philosophy says; that life must be understood backwards. History is what have shaped u, given us identity and the quirk to everybody. We as individuals can't have the same influence, each and our own circumstances , no individual are the same and most importantly everyone of us have our own histories.

However, understanding what happen backwards, one tend to forget the other principle: that it must be lived forward. The more one thinks and stuck in "backwards", thats where all the problem starts - not being able to move on. The more one thinks it through, it's a never ending or, life just can never properly be understood precisely in the temporal life in which refering to "backwards". For instant, u cant't find a complete rest in which to adopt a position : backwards.

Therefore, move on! Reflect! and move on.


I guess, i'm as well accepting the fact that i'll be in Denmark for 6 months. Having to fret about it is no point, just exudes more negativity and pollute my bright yellow aura. I'm definely near to finding my click. I guess i'm ok. Everything will be ok for me. And to all of u out there, you'll be ok.



Now, what did i miss when i was dreaming in class...?




"Livet forstås baglæns, 
men må leves forlæns" 
-Søren Kierkegaard



No comments: