Pages


Saturday, September 3, 2011

The ride

I guess, after the bad breakfast i had, it delay most of my itenary for the day. A lot of procrasination, lots of delay, lots of laziness in the air. Initially i had already planned out to get a bike really early in the morning. I didn't went out until it was 11am, even the process, the walk already put me off. But it has to be done. Force never works well with sagittarius, we belong to the sky and the ocean, wide and free. 

Not exactly in my brightest mood, and having trouble finding the shop, is just another put off. I still managed to find it in the end, with some guidance. I guess this is where my day start getting into the right track. At first, there were no second hand bike at all, until the boss, maybe pity me, sold one of the used bike for 500kr. Was slightly surprise by the price, considering most of my mate got it for 800kr, and 500kr for the bicycle he pointed out is not half bad. At least there were no rust on it.

This is when everything got interesting. 
S : "You wanna try it?"
M : " Ha Ha Ha , i dunno how to ride one! "
S : "Huh"
M : " i'm just gonna trust you on this! "
he was left speechless.... 

So yeah i brought this bike back via foot, passerby must be wandering why not ride it ... It's quite a long walk.. 30 minutes walk to home. I didn't dare to ride or try to ride it. The fear of being judge and laugh at.. ego. Just when i was approaching home, it was quiet, the whole street, so i hop onto my new baby and wow, i'm actually riding my bike. Thats when a huge sigh of relief came out. literally "Fuck yeah"



This is my new ride, a red centurion bike, looks pretty solid for me. Since i'm staying in Amager, way south of Copenhagen. It makes sense to take the ride to the Amager Strandpark. It was pretty near and not as crowded as well. So my afternoon, was dedicated to learning bike as well as the beach. There were few stumbles here and there, but no falling down yet. 

The weather is getting warmer and warmer day by day somehow, but i guess it's only now i could enjoy the nature. Considering winter is approaching, it gonna be colder and colder.. Am looking forward to the snow but 3 months with snow its gonna be tad annoying. The water is crystal clear, although the beach is not much of a natural wonder, more like man-made, but still enjoyable in a lot of way with personality. 

Surprisingly, when i was there in Amager strandpark, the oktober fest is happening where everyone to me, dress like a leprechaun dancing , shouting, and drinking around. Music was good, terribly good, i could imagine myself with buddies of course, dancing along to it. The 80s song... ftw ~ 



Another surprise i've got is this structure that looks like it floats on the sea. A project that i referred and used as one of my precedent in my project ;)! didn't know it was in copenhagen! Imagine my face lit up when i stumble this, happily walk through this amazing wooden structure as well!



























To say i found my click, it's incorrect, but today - me day, definitely cheer me up a little bit. It sort of reminds me, why am i doing this and what i enjoy the most. The lonesome travel, the wandering days i had always, without needing to worry people or to wait. Positive thinking for the few hours, people watching and see what are they up to, good weather and im biking!! Relatively new skill and i've accomplished something, felt like i've overcome something inside me, stepping outside the shell.



I guess i should look forward to what cph could offer
sidenote : nuts hurt cycling too long =s



4 comments:

fish.ili.cious said...

ans so, u decide to cycle with an Elvis Presley hairdo ??? that's so you there !!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^

btw, am liking this alot "...To say i found my click, it's incorrect, but today - me day, definitely cheer me up a little bit. It sort of reminds me, why am i doing this and what i enjoy the most...

Well buddy, you're not gonna regret you've pushed yourself hard to get out there one day, and i know you know better :)

Just don't frown, continue to be inspired by life and even, yourself :)

Take care and we all miss you here ^^

ps: you better get your ass back msia when me & ah hui's day come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

omg. i really love that floating structure. what's inside?

and i'm enjoying travelling vicariously thru you :)

Jnbl said...

Fish > the wind is really strong la hahah but thanks =D too bad i du his vocal too!

Epi > hey thanks! thanks for coming back as well, it's a swimming place! just a platform where ppl could jump down the sea, toilets, seatings and all =)

side note, do i know u in real life? heheh

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the inside! It's quite a structure!

Nope I don't think we know each other in real life but i'm Mirian :D