Pages


Saturday, August 27, 2011

Rainy London

And 25 days had passed, concludes my trip hopping around Spain and Portugal. Ending my trip in London, being the connection hub to everywhere. Initially it was only gonna be London, then Denmark.. but mate managed to persuade me to head to Liverpool again before going off.

It was 37 degree in Granada, and after 12 hours of travelling
it's 15 degree in London.

It was sunny for the pass 25 days in Spain and Portugal, 
just on my first day in London,
it has been raining cats and dogs,
heavy rains and drizzling,
you name it, they've got it.

It was really hard for me to communicate in Spain - language barrier,
and now in London, everything seems so familiar,
the signs i can read,
the conversation i could understand.

It was only us travelling in Spain and Portugal, 
the two of us,
and now it's a huge packed,
non stop chattering, give and take.

A huge different. Moments, where i thought, where am i ? Is this real or a dream?i can feel raindrops on my skin, the temporary cold sensory shock, reaching somewhere deep within, as if, "re-aliving" my body.

And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow and as much as i love rain, it annoys me that it gets my cloths wet. Otherwise i would  get rained,let rain beat upon my head with silver liquid drops. I have to escape. This gets me back on track, reminding things are happening, i would need to get myself ready for studies in D.







Maybe this is why i like london a lot, still as a traveller's perspective still (not resident, only been there 3 times and 9 days in total), i like the rain + the gloominess of the city maybe not the busy side; the dark, grey, dull sky, the cobblestone walkways, the idea of taking "tube", black taxi, double decker bus are very appealing to me.

When you are in London no matter how tall or confident you are, you always feel like a little fish in a big pond because of its size. Its busy and anonymous. I always tell this to my peers, walking in london street (not oxford street per say), makes me feel self worthy, constantly mindful of the fact that life itself is a wonder; that it's wondrous and worth being thankful for . I know, it's wierd.. i guess this is what i've grown to this few years also putting my fingers towards architecture theories learnt.

It's probably a phase, im pretty sure i'll hate london one day too.


3 comments: