Pages


Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thoughts on a bus



Its the 16th day I'd been travelling now, and 19 days away from home, 13 more days before my 2nd semester commence in Denmark .

I am on my way to Lagos , down south in portugal heading to the beach for real tanning session. It's quite a long ride from lisbon - 4 hours. It's dark on the outside with road lights and car lights flashing here and about . Rumbling noise of the bus engine and local portugese chattering away. My travel companion has taken one of my shoulder as a head rest, leaving me very much immobilize for her comfort.

Dream a little dream by Michael buble is playing on my playlist roll, pink's song is playing on the background in the bus. The perfect moment to fuel myself with thoughts. Thinking, and grateful for the chance presented, travel companion that i could share moments with, someone i could share my knowledge with especially when stumbling into buildings like sagrada familia. Telling her bits and pieces why is it done this way and avoided. As much as i deny being an archi student, im already married to it. The experience from this travel I'm soaking it up fully like a sponge .

Its so much different that my past, previous trip where I go solo and lone. Although from times to times there were always lots of nagging from me,for being quite particular about certain stuff and you know what i, surprisingly am very much responsible when I'm traveling. Scolding away whenever something is not right which usually end with loud and thundering laughter among both us. No matter in the room, busy street or even small alleyway. Pretty sure the loud laughing like no one business on the busy street, would easily attract the term "fucking asians" :) But I do appreciate the companion, and the extra eye.

Thanks.

No comments: