Pages


Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Coffee Collective

It was a saturday in Copenhagen, finally a weekend that i actually get some free time to explore around Copenhagen. Last week i was just so caught up with work, it kills me that i have to stay in my room when the sun is shining ferociously outside . This week, not a chance, heading out every minute i get, just to grasp, to feel, to experience, to stumble, to smell this foreign place.

My first pick was Nørreport, obviously because it was a the set where the flea market is happening. I'm totally a flea freak, Cheap vintage stuff ftw. However, sadly it's not happening this and next week due to the biking competition thats happening. bugger.

Just in that area there is two food market relatively new, Torvehallerne. Pretty eye catching as it's two large glass buildings effortlessly sitting on the square. The transparency of the glass break the distinction between the indoor space and the outdoor space. It sits in the heart of Nørreport, at Israels Plads, home to Copenhagen’s original fruit and vegetable market, also it's just next to the train station (S-train). It's a great location considering roughly 25,000 cyclists pass Nørreport everyday, and i am officially one of them as well ;) .. not to mention the commuters using the stations.



So imagine the crowd! the flock of people around this area bustled with families, couples and curious passers-by like me! I was there around 11am and the crowd were like having a celebration! I guess, as a student, i still don't find this market useful for me in every sense, the products they sell, the fine food they display, healthy organic foods.. ah heaven... but would be un-practical for me to get those yet. ...and at the end of one of the building is a coffee shop, The Coffee Collective




 To be frank, I'm usually not very much interested in coffee shop in markets, often i would think they are very "commercialize" but the smell of the fresh grinded coffee, it smell so nice i could die! even my leg decided to go rogue on me. It even has a Q ! i guess it should be good. While,  waiting at the Q, i started to look at the menu and deciding which to get. Something really funny happen here as i was discussing with my friend.




Me: What's Cortado?
Q: I don't know .
Me: Well, It really sounds like a beer...

Just as i finish the sentence, the guy behind me who was on the line, burst into laughter. I looked at him and yeah i know he is judging me. For instance, i feel like my hair turn blonde, and grew a G-cup breast in that instance...

Me: (I squinted i seriously squined... my eyes and look at him) Stop teasing... So..what's cortado .
P: bla.. bla.. bla....

 So apparently cortado is an expresso, "cut" with a small amount of warm milk to reduce the acidity and no foam... Apparently according to this guy , he thinks "the coffee collective" has one of the best coffee in town and recommended cappuncino to me and refering it to a "dessert" coffee. Great! someone made a decision for me. =D Cappucino it is (33kr).



I've got my coffee after some wait, it was really good! The chattering sounds of people in the background, the slightly cold/gloomy weather, the colourful veges/fruits laying around accompany with a great cup of coffee. As a sweet tooth, i usually add a few teaspoon of sugar into my coffee, this time i walk away forgetting about the sugar! but regardless and to my surprise.. it's still really good =D

It's a promising weekend for me to start off my saturday with a great cup of coffee. This is officially my first cup of coffee in Copenhagen, and the cup deserve to be kept for awhile.






 I must admit, i am a junk collector.







No comments: